TOP SPORTS NEWS from the Best.
The American Stripe.
SKY Sports – Sports News
- Manchester City Women have no interest in selling Khadija Shaw despite interest from Paris Saint-Germain.
- London-born Jack Crawford has announced his retirement from the NFL and speaks to Sky Sports following his decision. Crawford featured in 10 seasons in the league and helped grow the sport overseas.
- London-born Jack Crawford has announced his retirement from the NFL after a decade-long career across which he enjoyed spells with five different teams while playing an integral role in the growth of football overseas.
- Amid the delirium of Liverpool achieving their third Champions League final in five years, Jürgen Klopp paused his celebrations to ping off crucial texts.
- As Rangers prepare for the Europa League final on Wednesday night, Sky Sports' Graeme Souness believes this is the club's finest hour in their history – and debates whether winning this competition trumps lifting the Scottish Premiership.
- With Tiger Woods set to compete in this week's PGA Championship, check out highlights from his four previous wins at the tournament.
- A global trial which will limit opportunities for non-playing personnel to enter the field during a match has been approved by World Rugby chiefs.
- The WTA have released an updated tournament calendar for the 2022 season, with no events taking place in China due to the standoff over the Peng Shuai issue.
- Hollie Doyle’s dreams of winning a first Classic are alive and kicking with John and Thady Gosden’s Nashwa tipped to go right to the top after victory at Newbury last week.
- Tom Harrison is stepping down from his position of CEO of the ECB, with Clare Connor to take over in an interim capacity.
DEADSPIN – Sports News
- Patrick Beverley sure didn’t waste any time jumping on the Chris Paul slander wagon following Phoenix’ Game 7 loss to Dallas. Pat Bev was up bright and early on ESPN, throwing jab after jab after jab at long-time rival CP3. Nowadays, it feels like we hear the phrase, “keep it real,” far too often, but […]
- Over the weekend, Jameis Winston’s commentary about realizing his passion “wasn’t football,” it was “playing football” seems to have resonated with Drew Brees. It was also more interesting than anything he’s ever said in the public sphere. Brees is going through a pseudo-mid-life crisis exacerbated by career changes…Read more…
- As of March, it has been 25 years since I had my introduction to society. My ninth birthday was in my sights, as was the end of the school year. Springtime in Chicagoland may not always bring sunshine and flowers, but it does come with promise. The occasional 60-70 degree day gives just enough hope […]
- Wow. Freaking wow.Read more…
- White fans were entertained by Black athletes a day after a racist killed Black people in Buffalo — this is what white supremacy looks likeSports only serve as an escape from society if you’re white.Read more…
- Much like the Canadiens-Leafs series last year, this is why the NHL rejiggered its playoff system nearly a decade ago. To get things like the Edmonton Oilers vs. the Calgary Flames in the playoffs. OK, Gary Bettman’s NHL was only really concerned with getting Penguins-Capitals as often as possible and never really…Read more…
- Last week, the NBA presented and christened its Eastern Conference Finals Trophy after Larry Bird. It was a well-deserved honor for an old Hick from French Lick, who helped pave the NBA’s Gilded Age. However, King James should be the most revered monarch over the East. LeBron was the Eastern Conference rep in the NBA…Read […]
- When it comes to truly historic pants-shittings, they generally get to be known simply by the name of the place they took place. Say “Belo Horizonte” to any fan with even a reasonable amount of soccer knowledge, and they’ll know it was Germany 7-1 Brazil. Except that was a deeply flawed Brazil team that was […]
- After rushing for 16,000 yards in the NFL, Frank Gore is entering the next phase of his career as a professional athlete and stepping into the boxing ring. On Saturday, Gore had his first pro boxing match on his 39th birthday against Yaya Olorunsola in Biloxi, Miss., for Gamebred Boxing. Gore took the bout furiously,…Read […]
- Kendrick Perkins says Draymond Green isn’t scoring enough, Draymond Green says Kendrick Perkins is uglyPlayoff Draymond Green showed up in Game 6 against the Memphis Grizzlies. Then, the Golden State Warriors forward took a break from basking in the glow of his 14 point, 15-rebound, eight-assist performance to address ESPN analyst Kendrick Perkins’ comments about his 24 combined points in the first five games of the…Read more…