TOP USA NEWS from the Best Sources.
The American Stripe.
USA Today – US News
- Recent monsoon rain in the Southwest is putting a dent in the extreme to exceptional drought across the region, especially in Arizona and New Mexico.
- Using secret recordings, public records and interviews, The Associated Press has reconstructed the story of the failed 2015 murder plot by three Ku Klux Klan members to murder a Black man who had been released from a state prison. (July 27)
- 'Going to be a long haul': Massive Dixie Fire merges with Fly Fire, tears through small town as California burnsMore homes burned and 10,000 others were threatened Monday as the fast-growing Dixie Fire in Northern California wildfire merged with another blaze.
- Highlights of this day in history: An armistice ends the Korean War; A House panel votes to impeach President Richard Nixon; A pipe bomb explodes at the Atlanta Olympics; The deposed Shah of Iran and comedian Bob Hope die. (July 27)
- COVID-19 infections double at VA facilities as agency mandates vaccines for health care professionalsVA medical centers in Florida reported the steepest increases, with dozens of new cases in Bay Pines, Gainesville, Tampa and Orlando.
- Representative for Kanye West says the performer is living inside Atlanta's Mercedes-Benz Stadium while working to complete "Donda," his 10th studio album. (July 26)
- The Rev. Jesse Jackson was among several dozen people arrested for refusing to leave the Phoenix office of Democratic Sen. Kyrsten Sinema. JUly 26)
- California, NYC unveil plans to require vaccinations or testing; VA says shots mandatory for medical workers: Live COVID-19 updatesNYC, California are planning required vaccinations or testing. VA making shots mandatory for medical workers. Latest COVID news.
- President Joe Biden said Monday the U.S. combat mission in Iraq will conclude by the end of the year, an announcement that reflects the reality on the ground more than a major shift in U.S. policy. (July 26)
- The last victim of the Florida condo collapse has been identified. Ikey Hedaya told The Associated Press on Monday that his sister Estelle Hedaya was the last victim. Mayor Danielle Levina Cava also confirmed that the last victim was identified. (July 26)