TOP USA NEWS from the Best Sources.
The American Stripe.
USA Today – US News
- Claudette made landfall in southeast Louisiana just before 7 a.m. CT Saturday and is drenching coastal areas of Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.
- Drought in California, Utah, Nevada and other Western states has no end in sight. Water conservation is needed, but some fear it won't be enough.
- The storm system is expected to hit Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Florida this weekend.
- Armenians head to polls on Sunday to vote in a snap parliamentary election that comes after months of protests demanding that Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan resign. (June 19)
- A look at the day's best photographs from around the world.
- Florida has been granted a preliminary injunction that could render CDC restrictions on cruising as optional starting next month. COVID-19 updates.
- Fighting COVID-19 proved a boon to cancer research. Here's how scientists are using the same mRNA technology to attack tumors.
- People on antidepressants flush trace amounts of the drugs that wind up in water bodies causing crayfish and their predators exposed to chemicals.
- Daily Show correspondent CJ Hunt examines America's troubled past with Confederate statues in new documentary 'The Neutral Ground.' (June 19)
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar talks about his latest documentary, 'Fight the Power:The Movements That Changed America' which explores the history of protests that shaped the course for justice in America. (June 19)