TOP USA NEWS from the Best Sources.
The American Stripe.
USA Today – US News
- New York City's mayor race: Eric Adams has initial lead but final results may have to wait until July; Andrew Yang concedesThe polls in New York City's mayoral race have closed Tuesday night, but don't expect to know the winner tonight. Here's the latest.
- 'We can get it right': With Connecticut, recreational marijuana use has now been legalized in nearly half of the USConnecticut became the 19th state to legalize the recreational use marijuana Tuesday, which is still an illegal drug under federal law.
- Japan's capital Tokyo is gearing up to host the Olympic Games in 30 days on Wednesday, with preparations well underway at various venues across the city and also in Yokahama. (June 23)
- Over 150 employees at a Houston hospital system who refused to get a COVID vaccine have been fired or resigned, according to a hospital spokesperson.
- Opera singer Emily Geller Hardman had organized every detail of her pregnancy. It wasn't supposed to include giving birth in the back seat of her car.
- Desert plants in California are dying at an alarming rate due to hotter temperatures and less rain, according to new research published this month.
- Michelle Meder of Hudson, Ohio, became "disoriented and later unconscious" while hiking down the Hermit Trail on Saturday.
- Biden administration admits it won't reach July 4 vaccination goal; CDC studies explain vaccination slowdown: Latest COVID-19 updatesThe Biden administration won't hit its goal of getting 70% of adult Americans at least partially vaccinated for COVID-19 by July 4. Latest news.
- A police officer who was one of three people killed in a shooting at a suburban Denver shopping district was ambushed by a suspect who had previously expressed hatred toward police, authorities said Tuesday. (June 22)
- Highlights of this day in history: A key moment in the Watergate scandal; Adolf Hitler visits Paris after France falls to Nazi Germany; The typewriter gets a patent; Polio vaccine pioneer Dr. Jonas Salk and TV producer Aaron Spelling die. (June 23)