BREAKING WORLD NEWS by the Best.
The American Stripe.
BBC – World News
- Iceland becomes the sixth country in the world with a parliament where 50% of seats are held by women.
- Nearly two-thirds have voted yes to the proposal, already law in most of western Europe.
- The Global Citizen Live festival saw performances from more than 60 artists in six continents.
- The hardline group says anyone cutting beards will be punished as it breaches their reading of Islamic law.
- Armin Laschet thanks Angela Merkel for her service as chancellor – but says he is not happy with the election result so far.
- Israel said it was conducting raids against Hamas militants who were planning an attack.
- Ethiopia denies Sudan's claim of an incursion in the disputed al-Fashaga border region on Saturday.
- Dozens of people are injured after several carriages of the Amtrak train came off the tracks.
- Ethiopian and Eritrean food is well known globally, but this is your chance to discover Somali cooking.
- Reality Check takes a look at the facts and figures behind the world's nuclear weapons
BuzzFeed – World News
- "Instagram vs. Twitter."View Entire Post ›
- Immigrants Who Escaped The Texas Camp Crackdown Are Facing Another Set Of Dire Circumstances In Mexico“I’d like to stay here in Mexico, but I’m scared because I don’t have permission to be here,” one immigrant told BuzzFeed News. “I don't know what to do."View Entire Post ›
- Surfing was a profitable enterprise in Jacmel, as locals rented out boards and hosted lessons. But the project’s recent struggles reflect the difficulty of obtaining resources in a country battered by a series of catastrophes.View Entire Post ›
- In a review published on Monday, the experts said the evidence does not show that boosters are needed for the general population.View Entire Post ›
- Prince Andrew Has Been Served With A Sexual Abuse Lawsuit By Jeffrey Epstein Accuser Virginia GiuffreThe person who served the papers told the court that the first time he tried, Andrew's security team said they weren't allowed to accept anything court-related.View Entire Post ›
- When Farhad Wajdi left Afghanistan for the US, he assumed he could help his parents get out too. But then everything changed.View Entire Post ›
- UN Peacekeepers Fathered Dozens Of Children In Haiti. The Women They Exploited Are Trying To Get Child Support.A landmark ruling in a Haitian court offers some hope to the families seeking child support, but the peacekeeper fathers won’t have to pay unless their home countries step in.View Entire Post ›
- Here are some of the most interesting and powerful photo stories from across the internet.View Entire Post ›
- At least 13 US service members and an unknown number of Afghan civilians were killed in an explosion at an already chaotic airport.View Entire Post ›
- As of February 2020, 88 law enforcement and government-affiliated agencies in 24 countries outside the United States have tried to use controversial facial recognition technology Clearview AI, according to a BuzzFeed News investigation.View Entire Post ›