BREAKING WORLD NEWS by the Best.
The American Stripe.
BBC – World News
- After the tsunami New Zealand promises aid, but ash on Tonga's runway is hindering relief efforts.
- If convicted, the two former flight attendants could face up to six months in prison.
- Dean Verberckmoes disappeared last week, sparking a major search in Belgium and the Netherlands.
- The defence secretary says he is sending short-range anti-tank missiles amid Russian invasion fears.
- Pollution from plastics is a global emergency in need of a robust UN treaty, according to a report.
- Activists with anti-vax beliefs are taking "direct action" against hospitals and schools.
- Some fear that Twitter agreeing to new rules in Nigeria may encourage others to restrict social media.
- Charismatic Collarwali played a key role in boosting tiger numbers and made her sanctuary famous.
- With nearly 100,000 disappeared people in Mexico, families have taken on the search themselves.
- North Korea is frequently the subject of news stories in Western media. But many stories are unfounded or blown out of proportion.
BuzzFeed – World News
- Here are some of the most interesting and powerful photo stories from across the internet.View Entire Post ›
- Amid rising tensions and the approaching Beijing Olympics, the US banned Xinjiang cotton last year. But Hugo Boss still took shipments from Esquel, which gins cotton in Xinjiang.View Entire Post ›
- Contractors who moderate Spanish-language content on Facebook said they’ve been forced to come to the office during COVID surges.View Entire Post ›
- The decision means the top-ranked tennis player will likely miss the Australian Open. “They expect to be on the flight back home later in the day,” a source told BuzzFeed News.View Entire Post ›
- We looked back at the year in climate change and the disasters we'll be seeing more often as our world is altered by climate-polluting fossil fuels.View Entire Post ›
- "Instagram vs. Twitter."View Entire Post ›
- "It was like an adult sleepover!”View Entire Post ›
- Satellite images provided to BuzzFeed News and a slew of social media videos show that new Russian troops and heavy artillery were moved to strategic locations right around Biden and Putin’s virtual summit.View Entire Post ›
- “May you continue to shine like a diamond."View Entire Post ›
- The provisional decision comes after a series of BuzzFeed News investigations revealing widespread and sometimes unsanctioned use of the company’s facial recognition software around the world.View Entire Post ›