BREAKING WORLD NEWS by the Best.
The American Stripe.
BBC – World News
- Their struggles mirror the dashed hopes of so many people confronting a slowing economy.
- The BBC's Fergal Keane returns ahead of elections next year – 30 years since apartheid ended.
- The head of Israel's military says the IDF is fighting "strongly and thoroughly" in southern Gaza.
- The suspect tells police he was upset by "so many Muslims dying in Afghanistan and in Palestine".
- The activist is in Canada and is under investigation for breaching the national security law.
- Kyiv investigates a video said to show two surrendering Ukrainian soldiers being shot by Russians.
- Two police officers were injured and the suspect was taken to hospital but later declared dead.
- Video posted on social media shows a man dressed in black who appears to be carrying a knife.
- Social activist Ndileka Mandela says "the global north is using economic and legal power to subjugate poor nations".
- The coast guard said the growing numbers of Chinese military boats in the area was "alarming".
BuzzFeed – World News
- by Kenneth BachorKanamara Matsuri has been an annual tradition since 1969, and besides being known for its fun, it raises money for a good cause.View Entire Post ›
- Hundreds Of Passengers Have Said They Were Sexually Assaulted On Cruise Ships. Their Stories Highlight Years Of Lax Security, Critics Say.by Tom WarrenNumerous passengers traveling on major cruise lines such as Carnival and Disney say in court documents that they were raped and assaulted — oftentimes by crew members.View Entire Post ›
- by Ikran DahirThe move comes amid Russia's crackdown on media and dissent.View Entire Post ›
- Iranian Women Are Re-Creating A Viral TikTok Dance Without Hijabs On After 5 Teens Who Did The Same Were Reportedly Detained And Forced To Make An Apology Videoby Clarissa-Jan LimIn the six months since Mahsa Amini's death, Iranian security forces have reportedly used draconian tactics to try to suppress dissent.View Entire Post ›
- by David MackThe ICC warrants mark the first international charges to be brought since the invasion started in 2022.View Entire Post ›
- by Amy GloverIt's a Mother's Day *and* Paddy's Day double whammy, people.View Entire Post ›
- by David MackA new UN-backed report released Thursday found Russia has committed war crimes and likely crimes against humanity during its yearlong invasion of Ukraine.View Entire Post ›
- by David MackMore than 20,000 people are now known to have been killed in the earthquake that hit Turkey and Syria, making it one of the deadliest disasters in a decade.View Entire Post ›
- An Iranian Couple Has Reportedly Been Sentenced To Over 10 Years In Prison After Posting A Video Dancing On Instagramby Steffi CaoThe fashion and lifestyle influencers have nearly 1 million followers each. Iranian's state media disputed the length of their reported prison sentence.View Entire Post ›
- by David MackAs something of an alarm clock, the piper would play at 9 a.m. for 15 minutes for the monarch wherever she was in residence.View Entire Post ›