TOP NEWS STORIES FROM THE BEST SOURCES.
The American Stripe.
CNN – Top Stories
- Russia is 'going backwards' in equipment and deploying post WWII-era tanks, according to Western officials• Jailed Wall Street Journal reporter Evan Gershkovich denied detention appeal in Moscow • Putin visits Russian troops at military headquarters in Kherson • Watch moment WSJ journalist appears in Russian court
Fox News – Top Stories
- U.S. forces early Thursday evening carried out more strikes against anti-ship cruise missiles and a drone in the Red Sea, according to Central Command.
- The Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) said it fired “warning shots" at a mob of Palestinians who rushed a humanitarian aid convoy early Thursday, leading to more than 100 killed.
- Fox News host Jesse Watters says President Biden was taken to "a sanitized set up where not a single migrant was being processed" in Texas on "Jesse Watters Primetime."
- A man with love for travel built a flight simulator in his home garage after years of dreaming up the creation. Meet the tech guru who has left even airline pilots impressed.
- A U.N.-backed panel on Thursday accused the Nicaraguan government, led by Socialist President Daniel Ortega, of human rights abuses “tantamount to crimes against humanity."
WSJ – Top Stories
- by Saif Hasnat and Orlando MayorquinOfficials said the deadly fire broke out just before 10 p.m. on Thursday night. Crews took about two hours to extinguish the multistory fire, which left dozens injured and many in critical condition.
- by Alan CowellHe signed the historic free trade agreement with the United States and Mexico but was shadowed by scandal.
- by Zolan Kanno-Youngs, Michael Gold and Erica L. GreenPresident Biden and former President Donald J. Trump used dueling visits to the border to blame each other for the country’s broken immigration system.
- by Hiba Yazbek and Aaron BoxermanPalestinian and Israeli officials offered differing accounts of a deadly scene in northern Gaza, in which local health officials said more than 100 people were killed.
- by Catie EdmondsonThe latest temporary spending measure buys Congress a week to finalize details of a deal on half of government spending, and another three weeks to negotiate and pass the other half.
- by Matthew CullenAlso, Putin threatened nuclear war over NATO intervention. Here’s the latest at the end of Thursday.
- by Glenn Thrush and Eileen SullivanAirman Teixeira is accused of posting national defense information and classified documents to a gaming chat group and has been in custody since being arrested in the spring.
- by Alan Feuer and Maggie HabermanAfter previously seeking to have the proceeding postponed until after the election, the former president’s lawyers unexpectedly said he could live with a date over the summer.
- by Adam LiptakIn an ordinary case, the justices’ decision to hear arguments in April might seem a sober compromise. But the electoral calendar and Donald J. Trump’s hope for delays prompt questions.
- by Michael M. GrynbaumFox News and CNN aired both men’s remarks in full; MSNBC carried neither one live.