TOP NEWS STORIES FROM THE BEST SOURCES.
The American Stripe.
CNN – Top Stories
Fox News – Top Stories
- A fire at the Hillandale Farms property in Bozrah, Connecticut, killed several chickens and burned for hours. The cause of the fire remains unknown.
- Major US city forces CRT-inspired training on employees, Chiefs' do-over sparks outrage and more top headlines'EQUITY LENS' – All employees of major US city forced into radical critical race theory-inspired training
- Kenneth Saal pleaded guilty to first-degree murder and burglary charges after he killed his co-worker over three years ago. He was sentenced to 55 years in prison for the crimes.
- ‘Socialist’ teacher admits she wants to ‘abolish the police’ amid school curriculum battle with DeSantisOne of the teacher's behind the proposed AP African-American studies course in Florida is accused of being a "socialist" in a recent National Review op-ed.
- When Patrick Mahomes and Jalen Hurts take the field in Super Bowl LVII at State Farm Stadium in Arizona on Feb. 12, they will be making history in the big game.
WSJ – Top Stories
- by Alex Travelli and Matej LeskovsekKnown as the father of Indian independence, his concept of nonviolent resistance to fight injustice has inspired political movements around the world.
- by Michael CrowleyThe secretary of state will sit down with the Israeli prime minister as violence and mass protests rattle his country.
- by Jesus Jiménez, Mark Walker, Steve Eder, Joseph Goldstein and Mike BakerCity leaders had praised the new group as a key strategy for fighting crime. Now they are trying to assess whether it was flawed from the start.
- by Salman MasoodThe blast targeted a highly secured part of Peshawar, a provincial capital. It was the worst attack in the country in months.
- by Nicholas FandosHow the migrant surge is playing out far from the Southern U.S.
- by Michael Barbaro, Diana Nguyen, Mooj Zadie, Mary Wilson, Anita Badejo, John Ketchum, Lisa Chow, Paige Cowett, Marion Lozano, Elisheba Ittoop and Chris WoodWhat really happened to the Black man who died after he was violently beaten by police officers in Memphis.
- by Erin GriffithTech workers and investors are flocking to start-ups that aim to combat climate change.
- by James SassoOnly by understanding how the rioters lost faith in government can we figure out how to protect our democracy from future attacks.
- by Maggie AstorGov. Josh Shapiro of Pennsylvania opened 92 percent of state government jobs to people without four-year degrees. Gov. Jim Pillen of Nebraska created a state office focused on broadband access.
- by Gail Collins and Bret StephensThe horror doesn’t just lie in the carnage. It’s that we’ve become accustomed to it.