TOP NEWS STORIES FROM THE BEST SOURCES.
The American Stripe.
CNN – Top Stories
- • Officer identifies man charged in riot after he was kicked off flight for yelling 'Trump 2020' • Fact-checking 7 statistical claims from Biden's (quite factual) economic speech
Fox News – Top Stories
- Puerto Rico declares state of emergency over violence against women: 'An evil that has caused too much damage'Puerto Rico has declared a state of emergency this week over violence against women — a move activists are hoping will help stem the tide of gender-based killings on the island, which average to at least one a week, reports say.
- Alejandro Mayorkas, President Biden’s pick to lead the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), was one step closer to taking the position on Tuesday after the Senate Homeland Security Committee advanced his nomination.
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio agree that indoor dining will not return to the city anytime soon, citing a continuous surge in COVID-19 cases.
- Mossimo Giannulli's request to serve the remainder of his prison sentence at home was denied by a judge.
- White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki on Tuesday said “all violence” will be reviewed as part of the Biden Administration’s effort to combat domestic violent extremism.
WSJ – Top Stories
- From denialism to death threats, Dr. Anthony S. Fauci describes a fraught year as an adviser to President Donald J. Trump on the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Forty years ago, Louis Beam had the idea of using the internet to drive a movement. Today, his vision is disturbingly prevalent.
- What was the point of putting together a majority in the Senate if they weren’t going to wield it?
- The Trump era spurred them to collective action. But the work has just begun.
- The presence in Washington of a longtime member of the Navy SEALs who was trained to identify misinformation reflects the partisan politics that helped lead to the assault.
- After a storied journalism career that took him to newsrooms across the country, The Post’s executive editor, 66, said he would depart on Feb. 28.
- President Trump’s former adviser Stephen K. Bannon may now be a witness against three other men accused in a border-wall swindle.
- “Let Me Tell You What I Mean” collects 12 prescient essays from 1968 through 2000.
- They also discuss “flouncing” and whether a Substack newsletter would be too much work for Donald Trump.