TOP NEWS STORIES FROM THE BEST SOURCES.
The American Stripe.
CNN – Top Stories
- The storm is unleashing heavy rain and damaging winds in South Carolina and has enough force to alter the coastal landscapeTrack Ian | How to help | Updates | Lite site | Photos
- • Live Updates: US responds to what it calls Russia's 'fraudulent' annexation • Jailed dissident Alexey Navalny says Russia must be transformed after war • US imposing 'swift and severe costs' on Russia • Video: Hear Putin's announcement about citizens in newly annexed regions
Fox News – Top Stories
- Texas Gov. Abbott praises Operation Lone Star, highlights how many migrants he's shipped across countryTexas Gov. Greg Abbott highlighted Operation Lone Star, his border security initiative meant to address the large number of migrants pouring into communities.
- Steve Harrigan helped save a stranded Hurricane Ian survivor Friday, carrying a man out of rising floodwaters in North Port, Florida, as he prepared to go live on “The Story.”
- NYC homeless man indicted for allegedly beating woman in subway station, impairing her vision in one eyeA New York City homeless man was indicted on several charges after he allegedly beat a woman in a subway station, impairing her vision in one eye.
- Mac Jones' high ankle sprain will keep him out of Sunday's New England Patriots' game against the Green Bay Packers. Brian Hoyer will start for the Pats.
- Vulnerable Dem skips House votes to attend campaign event, claims he missed due to 'public health emergency'Rep. Vicente Gonzalez, D-Texas, skipped a number of House votes and attended a campaign event instead, taking advantage of COVID rules allowing members to vote remotely
WSJ – Top Stories
- The House passed the bill in its final legislative act before the midterm congressional elections, and President Biden signed it just hours before a funding lapse would have forced a government shutdown.
- Lt. Alison Russo-Elling had served nearly 25 years, through Sept. 11 and the Covid pandemic. She loved a tough job enough to volunteer in her free time.
- China is dragging the world back to a human rights dark age. It’s time to push back.
- The officers said they had decided to remove the president because of his inability to stem a growing Islamist insurgency in the north and east of the country.
- Western technology companies, recently freed from sanctions, should grant full access to Iranians.
- In both cases, former President Donald J. Trump is claiming a novel power to keep White House information from his time in office secret from the Justice Department.
- Ukraine’s desire to join the alliance has long been a source of conflict with Russia, which sees the eastward expansion of NATO as a existential threat.
- The S&P 500 has fallen for three consecutive quarters, the kinds of losses investors have not faced since 2009.
- “WE’RE TERRIFIED!!” Mitch Pacyna wrote in a final Facebook post on Wednesday afternoon.
- The president also said that Mr. Putin should not dare to take his fight into NATO territory, underscoring the unity among the alliance.