TOP NEWS STORIES FROM THE BEST SOURCES.
The American Stripe.
CNN – Top Stories
Fox News – Top Stories
- Detroit Lions great Calvin Johnson was honored with his Hall of Fame ring ceremony during halftime of the team’s game against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday.
- A horrific incident at Petco Park over the weekend was being described by police as “suspicious” as the San Diego Padres played their final game at the stadium on Sunday.
- The St. Louis Cardinals got hot at the right time and enter their second-to-last series of the 2021 season on a 16-game winning streak in good position to clinch the second National League wild card spot.
- A team of investigators from the National Transportation Safety Board was at the site of an Amtrak derailment in north-central Montana
- A woman called in two bomb threats to her boyfriend's work in an attempt to get him to spend more time with her
WSJ – Top Stories
- After a 27-month hiatus, the event honoring Broadway’s best plays and musicals is back. Follow updates from the awards show here.
- Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California said that the House would take up the $1 trillion bill on Thursday, hours before government funding is scheduled to lapse.
- One of the largest studies to date shows masks work.
- The top two Democrats in Congress face a daunting pile of legislative imperatives. With President Biden’s agenda hanging in the balance and few votes to spare, can they get it done?
- Five were still hospitalized on Sunday following the crash in Montana that killed three passengers.
- It is church for the heart and mind. It is shul for the intellect. A mosque celebrating mankind.
- Collin Morikawa’s birdie putt on No. 17 secured the half-point the U.S. team needed to clinch its victory against Europe on the way to a 19-9 rout.
- Preliminary results indicated an outcome so tight that it could take months of talks to form a new government at a critical moment for Europe.
- Takeaways from a Marni experience that brought new life to Fashion Week.
- Republicans and Democrats have long sparred over raising the debt ceiling. But this time, the odds are growing that the U.S. could default.